Tome is a fantastic AI tool that allows you to create a presentation with AI writing only a prompt in less than 1 minute. It also adds AI-relevant generated images made with DALL-E. Let me explain to you more or less how it works:
Steps to use Tome
Follow the following steps to make use of Tome:
- Search Tome in your preferred browser.
- Follow the appropriate link (beta.tome.app)
- Press “Get Tome for free”
- Register/Login with your account
This is what you should see after the five steps.
There are two options:
- You can create a typical presentation that you edit how you prefer
- You can create a presentation with AI. AI creates the structure, the texts, the images…
But how can I choose?
- Choose a template or click the top-right purple bottom and make a dark presentation with no theme.
- This is what should appear:
- Write the presentation prompt in the gray space at the bottom of the screen.
- Edit the style of the presentation or the images.
- Click enter and wait for the presentation to be created by the AI (more or less 60 seconds)
- Edit anything that doesn’t convince and..
- Ignore the gray space and edit the presentation however you want.
It is free to create a presentation with AI using Tome. However, you have 500 credits. But, what are the credits? Each title, image, and text uses 1 credit. An average presentation having 6 pages would use more or less 15 credits and a longer one would use 30 credits.
How can I have more credits? If when logging in you enter your .edu account instead of 500 credits, you will have 5.000!
If you don’t have a .edu account, there is another way to have more credits. You can copy your referral link and invite other people. For each person that signs up using your link, you will receive 100 more credits and if you follow someone else’s link, you’ll receive 50.
After you create a presentation with AI using Tome, there are four options to share it.
The first option, keep it for yourself and don’t let anyone see it. (This option is the automatic one so you don’t have to select it).
A second option, edit what people they have joined with your referral link can do: see it, comment about it, edit it, or give them full access to the presentation.
The third option is, to decide what people with the link can do, as I’ve said before: see it, comment about it, edit it, or give them full access to the presentation.
And finally, you can record the narration with “alt + R”. Afterwards, with the video, you can share/send to anybody you choose.
You can create a presentation with AI using Tome in many aspects of life like:
- Doing homework for school/college/university
- Experimenting with AI
- Create a presentation to study
- Investigate about something
There are many things you can do apart from the ones I’ve said.
Conclusion and Opinion
Tome is a very useful tool to create a presentation with AI. It gives nice information, impressive images, and a pretty decent structure. Apart obviously from being super fast and easy to use. It does perfectly what it’s supposed to do. I honestly recommend that everybody tries Tome because I’m sure they would love it.
Considering many things, I’ve decided to give it a 4.5/5. I would like loads that the edit menu after the presentation is generated could be larger and that there would be many more things to change.